The Water Resources Program functions is a policy recommending body and technical support program for the Hopi Tribe. The primary mission is to ensure that a safe, dependable, long-term water supply is available to the Tribe. The Water Resources Program’s goals include:
- Develop and implement a responsible Hopi Tribal water management plan for surface and groundwater use.
- Develop and implement water quality standards and a management code.
- Update the Geographic Information System (GIS) databases of Hopi water resources.
- Identify contaminated sources of water and work to prevent public contact with harmful contamination.
- Provide training and certification for water and wastewater operators.
- Promote water conservation in wastewater treatment facilities.
- Assist the Hopi Villages in developing and upgrading water and wastewater systems and plans.
Water Resources Program
The Hopi Tribe
P.O. Box 123
Kykotsmovi, Arizona 86039
Phone: (928) 734-3712
Bilby Research Center
Northern Arizona University
Phone: (928) 380-9478