“As servants of our people, we are dedicated to working in a spirit of Suminangwa-Naminangwa, providing quality service and preserving our culture, values, land and resources. We are committed to promoting opportunities for self-determination and self-sufficiency.”
- To provide quality services to the Hopi people by enhancing a full range of educational opportunities.
- Maintain efforts to increase the number of employable degreed Hopi professionals
- Maintain retention services which enable students to complete programs
- BIA Higher Education Grant – 638 Funding
- Hopi Education Endowment Fund (HEEF)
Awards and Scholarships
- BIA Higher Education Grant/Hopi Education Award – Eligible Hopi students pursuing post-secondary and professional degrees.
- Diane Humetewa Scholarship – Competitive merit-based scholarship related to the field of Social Justice. (Deadline date is June 15th) (*Note)
- Peabody Navajo Generating Station Scholarship – Competitive merit-based scholarship to recognize high academic achievement. (Deadline date is June 15th)
- Hopi Academic Achievement Award – Merit Based award for eligible graduating high school seniors. (Deadline date is June 15th) (**Note)
- Education Enrichment Award – To be utilized to enhance future educational and career goals. (Deadline date – 30 days prior to date of activity)
- Tuition and Books – for part-time students or those not eligible for any other program awards.
- Standardized Testing Fee Award – Awarded when a fee is required for a school entrance exam or for a career certification exam.
* Note – Requires three (3) letters of recommendation: (1) College Academic Advisor, (2) personal reference. ** Note – Requires three (3) letters of recommendation: (1) HS Academic Counselor, (2) personal reference. Please note that the personal reference shall not include immediate relatives, HTGSP staff or current HTGSP board members and funding agency staff (HEEF)
For more detailed information and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) requirements on any of the above awards and scholarships please contact The Hopi Tribe Grants and Scholarship Program.
Eligibility and Documents
- Must be an enrolled member of The Hopi Tribe
- Posses a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Admitted to a regionally accredited college/university
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) application and applied for all Federal, state and institutional aid
- Meet the required Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for the award/scholarship you are applying.
- Completed Hopi Tribe Grants and Scholarship Program (HTGSP) application
- Hopi Tribe enrollment verification form
- Official high school transcript or official GED test scores sent from the school or institution in sealed envelope ( one time submittal only)
- Official transcripts from post-secondary school(s) currently attending or have attended sent from the school in a sealed envelope
- Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) form (completed)
- Endorsed Program of study/degree
Application Deadline Dates
- Summer Semester April 15th
- Fall Semester July 15th
- Winter Semester October 15th
- Spring Semester December 15th
All documents must be completed and received by 5:00 pm (MST) Close of Business on the respective FINAL semester deadline date for application to be considered for funding. Faxed documents are not acceptable.
Kathlene Sumatzkuku – Manager (928) 734-3531 [email protected]
Rosemary Polivema – Intake/MIS Coordinator (928) 734-3543
Modonna Huma-Dawasevaya – Higher Education Advisor [email protected] (928) 734-3535
Paula Shupla – Program Operations Specialist (928) 734-3547 [email protected]
Marlena Selina – Secretary II (928) 734-3542 [email protected]
Fax (928) 734-9575
Toll Free 1-800-762-9630