The purpose of Hopi Tribal Enrollment is for the following reasons which may assist an individual.
- To receive health care at Indian Health Services (depending on the area of residence).
- To be eligible for education or scholarship benefits.
- To acquire domestic needs for adults, such as, coal and wood permits.
- To receive benefits thorough the Hopi Tribe’s Guidance Center, i.e. burial
- To acquire Hopi Tribal Membership Card for identification purpose.
- Other tribal benefits offered by the Hopi Tribe.
The requirements to be eligible for Hopi Tribal Membership is as follows:
- A person must meet the one-fourth (1/4) Hopi-Tewa Indian blood or more and be a lineal descent from any Hopi-Tewa Indian person whose name appears on the 12/31/37 Hopi Basic Membership Roll.
- A person must not be enrolled with any other tribe, as dual enrollment is prohibited.
In accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Hopi Tribe, ARTICE II-MEMBERSHIP provides the criteria and eligibility for enrolled membership.
Please contact our office to obtain the following enrollment forms:
- Abstract of Enrolled Member Record
- Membership Application and Instructions
- Article II – Membership
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- Enrollment Abstract of Pending Applicant
- Notice of Death of a Member
- Request for Verification of Enrollment Status
- Statement of Relinquishment of Membership
- Verification of Indian Preference for Employment (BIA 4432 Form)